Welcome to Les Granels
Thank you for staying with us at Les Granels. To make your stay with us more comfortable, we would like to outline some information about the house and property, and point out our house rules.
Information about the house
- For the comfort and convenience our guests, please note that all checkouts must be before 10am on the day of your departure.
When you start your holiday with us, to allow time to clean and prepare the house for your visit, your checkin must be after 4pm.
- For your convenience, the key to the house is stored in a key safe beside the front door.
- The password for the key safe is included in your welcome pack.
Use of Toilets
- Like most properties in rural France, the house relies upon a septic tank or “fosse septique”. The septic tank receives all the wastewater from the house, bathrooms, toilets and kitchen. The tank contains live bacteria and so requires specific care to ensure it continues to operate normally and efficiently.
- Please note that you must not put anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
- There are sanitry bags provided which can be disposed of in the bin.
- Please dispose of all babies nappies in the bin.
- If there are any blockages caused by undue care and attention to the above notice and there is need of the services of a plumber, then the charge for same will be deducted from your deposit.
- In keeping with French law, our pool is equipped with a pool alarm. The pool alarm code is 1234, you must enter this code before getting into the pool. If the alarm goes off, then enter the code and press OK. The pool alarm is designed to reset itself after 10 mins or so, if it does not detect any movement.
- Please ensure that children are supervised at all times around the pool area.
- Please do not use GLASS around the pool area. There are plastic glasses provided in the summer kitchen by the pool.
- Please do not adjust any settings on the pool equipment. The pool is cleaned and maintained by Carroll Property Services throughout your stay.
- Self-tanning lotions should not be used if you are using the pool as they will stain the liner.
- Please note that the towels in the house are not provided for use around the pool. If you have not brought beach/pool towels with you, they can be purchased from any of the local supermarkets.
- Please ensure that any sunlounger cushions used are brought in if raining and close parasol if the weather is very windy.
- Please return all inflatables, toys, games etc. to the basement area before your departure.
The Basement area
- Washing machine and tumble dryer are in the basement area of the house.
- Please note that both the washing machine and tumbler dryer are set to their optiimum progammes and should not to be changed.
- All you need to do is choose the temperature and press START.
- Please do not interfer with any of the operational systems that are in the basement.
Internet / Television / Telephone
For your convenience Les Granels has wireless WiFi throughout, Sky TV and a telephone line.
- Internet password will be supplied with your welcome pack.
- Please note that house telephones are set to receive calls only.
- The TV has a range of free to air English channels, which are accessed via the SKY box and remote.
- Please safeguard the SKY card and ensure that it is in the box when you leave.
- Les Granels has a full size floodlit tennis court for your enjoyment
- Please keep both gates to the tennis court closed at all times
- On the day of your departure please ensure that all tennis rackets and tennis balls are returned to the storage area in the basement.
- Please note that the tennis net is currently damaged and there is a new one on order.
Outdoor Games Area
- Just off of the courtyard, you will find the outdoor games area.
- Please ensure that all table tennis bats and balls are accounted for and returned safely to where you found them; before your departure from the property.
- Please also be aware that there is working equipment stored in this area and that it is not for guests use.
- The firewood on site is not for guests use unless previously booked and paid for.
- All of the wood has been accounted for and if any is used without authorisation, there will be a charge applicable.
- France does not operate a system for rubbish collection in the countryside. Instead, they provide community rubbish bins (recycling is the norm so you will be expected to separate glass, plastic, paper and general household/kitchen scraps into the relevant bins (pictures are provided to help guide what goes in which bin).
- Your nearest full compliment of bins is in the hameau of Alary just on the left at the signpost for Sauzet.
- Please take your rubbish to these bins during and at the end of your stay.
- There are plastic bins to the left of the front door and rubbish bags in the kitchen provided for you to transport any household rubbish, bottles or glass to the bins.
Checklist for leaving the property
Before you leave Les Granels, please make sure that you do the following:
- Remove all food from the fridge and wipe clean.
- Remove all household rubbish and bottles to the local bins.
- Clean out the BBQ.
- Please leave the property inside and outside in good order.